Hermann Gassner junior one step ahead of the rest!
For the first rime in history of Rally Saturnus first and second place went to son and father. Hermann Gassner junior from Germany won 37th Rally Saturnus with ease, one minute and sixteen seconds ahead of Hermann Gassner senior, Czech Vojtech Stajf took third place, one minute and twenty seconds behind winner. Gassner junior, who is the youngest German rally champion ever took a comanding lead on super special stage on Friday and never looked back. He won seven special stages out of eight!
His father was fastest in Mitropa Cup ahead of Slovenian Aleks Humar, who won Rally Saturnus last year and Croatian Viliam Prodan. Gassner senior also took the lead in Mitropa Cup standings ahead of Aleks Humar. Manuel Kossler who was leader of Mitropa Cup standings before Rally Saturnus, had to retire on special stage seven and fell on third place in cup standings. Two-time Rally Saturnus winner, Aleks Humar was fastest in Slovenian championship ahead of Rok Turk and Alan Pajk.
1. Gassner jr./Mayrhoffer (GER) (Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X R4) 1:32:54,4
2. Gassner/Thannhauser (GER) (Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X R4) + 1:16,1
3. Štajf/Rajnoha (CZE) (Subaru Impreza STI) + 1:20,3
4. Humar/Rus (SLO) (Renault Clio R3) + 1:48,8
5. Avci/Gucenmez (TUR) (Mini Cooper RRC) + 2:30,9
6. Turk/Ložnar (SLO) (Peugeot 208 R2) + 4:18,4
7. Pajk/Cevc (SLO) (Peugeot 208 R2) + 6:00,8
8. Puskadi/Godor (HUN) (Škoda Fabia S2000) + 6:01,9
9. Novak/Čar (SLO) (Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IX) + 6:13,7
10. Prodan/Draženovič (CRO) (Renault Clio R3) + 6:48,7